'The Beauty of Horror' is The Coloring Book Every Horror Fan Needs!



Never thought you'd hear the the words "horror fans" and "coloring book" in the same sentence? I didn't either! The moment I heard about Alan Robert's The Beauty of Horror coloring book I knew I would love it. The creepy, eye-catching trailer below further assured me that this coloring book would be of epic proportions:



I was right! I rushed over to Amazon and pre-ordered it as soon as it came out. I was not disapointed in the least. The Beauty of Horror is filled with some truly nightmarish images, but they're all so beautifully drawn and include so much detail that it really does turn horror in to art.

The tagline of the book is: A GOREgeous Coloring Book. I've seen this claim many times before, but this is one of the rare times that the book lives up to the claim. I own several coloring books that contain nature scenes, animals and abstract designs, but I never expected to find anything like this.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's a horror lovers dream come true. The book even includes a loose narrative that revolves around a little ghost girl. You have to find the items that she lost in the forest in the pages of the book. It's a fun addition to the coloring book that makes it stand out from others I've seen on the shelf.

If you're thinking you're too hard core of a horror fan to sit down and color. Think again. Coloring is not just for children anymore and it has some great mental health benefits.

If you're still on the fence about whether this book is for you  take a look at some of my WIP pages below:


The Beauty of Horror Facebook Page displays the coloring work that's been submitted to them. Most of the submissions put my coloring work to shame. People have really turned these haunting pages in to art!


I was over the moon to find out there will be a sequel to the first book that will released in September. The Beauty of Horror II: Ghouliana's Creepatorium looks just as horrifically beautiful as The Beauty of Horror.

I'm sure you'll spend hours lost in this book just like I do. Thank goodness they're releasing another volume to satisfy us horror fans fiendish appetite!

Grab a copy of The Beauty of Horror on Amazon
Pre-order The Beauty of Horror II: Ghouliana's Creepatorium on Amazon

Do you enjoy coloring in your spare time? Is this coloring book something you think you'd enjoy? 
Let us know in the comments below!

Comments