The Beauty of Horror Coloring Books Are a Must-Have For Colorist and Horror Fans



I've recently got into the new coloring movement that's become a popular hobby in the U.S when I heard about The Beauty of Horror: A Goregous Coloring Book. It was coming out during my birthday month of October and after reading the description below, it was the only thing I wanted for my birthday:

Get that red crayon ready! With this coloring book for adults channeling The Walking Dead meets The Secret Garden, comics creator/rock star Alan Robert (Crawl to MeKillogy, Wire Hangers) invites fans of horror to discover their inner-colorist. Through intricate pen and ink illustrations to complete, color, and embellish, readers will meet an onslaught of severed heads, monsters, deadly weapons, and skeletal remains. 
Visit burial grounds, the zombie apocalypse, serial killer lairs, and gruesome torture chambers. Horror fans and newcomers alike will welcome this GOREgeous and creative journey into a blood-soaked new world.
I could not wait to get my hands on this book and luckily it was gifted to me on my birthday. Although I think the constant begging for it might have something to do with that. Since the book's initial release on October 4, 2016, Alan Robert has released a sequel every year.

The books keep getting better!

These coloring books revolve around Ghouliana ( I just love that name) and her many creepy surroundings. While the first book is filled with broad but Goregeous horror filled coloring pages, the other two books in the series have more of a theme. If you think Ghouliana's creepatorium is shocking, wait until you go to the fair with her!  I'm a devoted horror fan but, some of the photos even freak me the hell out!

These books are my all time favorite coloring books and I spend almost all my time coloring in them. I wish I had more time to color but, when I do, I always chose The Beauty of Horror coloring books. My depression has been making a striking return lately and coloring these books have been so therapeutic. No two pages are the same and you can use unlimited creativity when coloring these pages.

Author Alan Robert is very interactive with his fans and he often posts the amazing coloring work sent to him from around the world. Be sure to follow him on twitter to see some of the thrilling artwork that gets sent in.

The Beauty of Horror Franchise is quickly expanding. There's a Christmas themed book being released just in time for the Halloween/Christmas season. There's also a deluxe, wall-length book coming out so that you can color your favorite pictures from the series and hang them on your wall.

The franchise does not stop there....

Alan recently announced that an R-rated claymation short feature based on the Christmas coloring book will be released soon!


It seems like every few months we get another exciting announcement about The Beauty of Horror books and this franchise shows no signs of slowing down.

Did I mention the books are ultra-affordable and usually cost no more than $15 for over 60 pages of coloring fun? I have all three books and have not finished half of the photos in even one book. If you're a horror fan who loves coloring or wants to get into coloring, these are the books to do it with.  Here are some of my favorite pages below:






Don't forget to grab a copy of The Beauty of Horror Books 1,2,3!

Comments