Netflix Movie Review: A Christmas Horror Story

A Christmas Horror Story: Interwoven stories that take place on Christmas Eve, as told by one festive radio host: A family brings home more than a Christmas tree, a student documentary becomes a living nightmare, a Christmas spirit terrorizes, Santa slays evil. 

----------------------------
 I was bored on a cold night and looking for something fun to watch while relaxing. When I came across this super cool cover on my Netflix feed, I was all over it. This movie was a mixed watching experience for me. While 2 of the stories were extremely interesting to me 2 other stories were extremely boring. The biggest problem with this film is that the interesting stories are intertwined with boring stories which really pulls down the film. In the middle of the film, I found myself  fast forwarding  through the boring stories.
The stories I enjoyed where:
  • An African-American family go walking through the woods to find a Christmas tree. While they bring home a perfect tree, there's something really wrong with their child! 
  • Simply put, Santa fights a bunch of elves infected with a zombie virus. 
 While the acting in some of the segments are not very good, other performences are extremely strong. The special effects are very good as well. The show down near the end between Santa and Krumpas is a lot of fun. I didn't see the twist ending coming and it made sitting through the entire film worth while. While I wanted to love this movie, some of the boring parts really took away from my enjoyment of it.

I'd recommend this film to horror fans to cuddle up with on a cold, slow winter night. However, don't set your expectations to high for this one. It's one step above a B movie.

Stream it now on Netflix or buy it on Amazon.

Rating C-

Comments