What is "Train to Busan?" Only The Best Zombie Movie Ever!




"Well Damn!" were the only words I could utter as the credits began to scroll down my TV at the end of  Train to Busan. I'd heard a lot of positive buzz about this film and could not wait to see it for myself. When a fellow horror lover alerted me that it was finally streaming on Netflix, I couldn't press play fast enough.

Believe me, this movie is totally worth the hype!

It's so easy for the zombie genre to grow stale (and sadly grow stale it has) but, this film breathes new life into the genre. Train to Busan is a South Korean horror film that follows a father and daughter through their horrific circumstance of being trapped on a train during a vicious zombie outbreak. The film first received recognition during its debut in the Midnight Screenings sections of 2016 Cannes Film Festival. The reviews were glowing and it not hard to see why.

Train to Busan is Completely Terrifying

 

This zombie flick is not for the faint of heart. If you think that The Walking Dead has recently become too violent, you're going to want to skip this film. It is gory and graphically violent. There is nothing human about these zombies. They're also fast as hell so, our characters have to have epic running skills to escape these nasty creatures. The cinematography is breathtaking while being completely jarring. Some of the scariest zombie horde scenes are shot rather beautifully, leaving the chilling imagery seared into your brain. As I write this, I can still see every detail of the scene involving a bunch of zombies bursting through a train car door. I can even replay it in my mind over and over again, it haunts me every time!

It's vicious in every way you would expect a zombie film to be, but it does it with break taking cinematography. This film does not hold back on its brutality...that's how you do a horror film!

A Zombie Film With Heart

 

No zombie film is successful without having a touch of melodrama. This film delivers a strong human aspect so, you really get a feel of what it would be like if you were trapped in such close quarters during a zombie attack. If you survive the initial shock of it all, your survival skills will hopefully kick in. More unsettling human emotions such as paranoia and unchecked fear will spring up as well (usually with deadly consequences).

Train to Busan made it really easy to get wrapped up in the more human aspects of the film. Who can't relate to taking someone for granted until it's too late? All of the actors are superb along with little actress Soo-an Kim delivering a flawless performance as a terrified child caught in the middle of a nightmare.

I can safely say that this is one of the best zombie films I've ever seen. It flawlessly blends scares with drama and I can honestly say that there is not a boring scene in the entire film. It's well shot, well edited, well acted and well directed.

With a 96% Rotten Tomatoes rating, it's safe to say that almost everyone loves this film. If you like out-of-the-ordinary horror movies like I do, give Train to Busan a watch.

Please let me know what you think of this film after you watch it in the comments! I'd love to know what you think about it.

Watch it on Netflix

Buy it on Amazon

Comments